All this talk inspired me to charge The White Whale with the Envirosafe that I
bought several years ago.  I had a weak charge of r134 in the system for test
purposes, partial can to leak test new condenser.  Didn't cool much, but would
take the edge off.

So I just recovered the r134, charged with the Envirosafe until about 100 psi
was showing on the low side gauge with engine off.  I heard a distinct click as
the pressure rose, which I assumed to be the pressure switch exceeding the
minimum required pressure.  Now when I start the engine, the compressor won't
engage!
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC