Sorry, I was not aware of any error, I was only trying to clarify how Harry worked his deal. Harry's deal was that you took delivery and registered in OR for no sales tax charged. Then later, you "move" to another state, and register the car there. After some period of ownership in OR, with the same owner in the home state, there is no tax charged in either state. on a $50,000 to 100,000 car, that can save you $3500 to 7,000. Enough to make the payments for the first few months.

What Grant is saying is also true. Each state has a provision for selling to an out of state owner.

You can also have a car or truck titled in one state and license it in another. I've done that before. You store it in the title state and then buy a plate in the other state.

G Mann via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
September 5, 2016 at 6:42 PM
My error.. I should have stated the sale provision laws pertain to Dealer
sales to out of state owners, delivery happens "out of state"...

Some states provide that the same rules apply to private sale vehicles
also..

"Always know the law before you break it"....

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Curley McLain via Mercedes <

Curley McLain <mailto:126die...@gmail.com>
September 5, 2016 at 6:32 PM
The way Harry's deal worked was that you bought and licensed the car in OR, with an OR address. Then after some number of months, you "move" to MI and register the car there 20 to 30 days later. Most states give you 30 days, but I knew of one woman who drove for years with an expired GA plate while living 2 states away.

When you own the car and move, the new state does not charge you sales tax. (with some caveats, like a required time between purchase and "moving."

G Mann via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
September 5, 2016 at 6:17 PM
Every state that I know of has a provision for "Out of state sale"... you
buy the car in one state, take it to YOUR state and register it.. license
it.. etc.. you pay sales tax in YOUR state.. not the state of the seller..

Some differences exist between various states laws.. but in principle.. all
the same..

Check into it.. ask the dealer in the state that has the car you want..

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Mitch Haley via Mercedes <

Mitch Haley via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
September 5, 2016 at 1:51 PM
Is it really that easy to register a car in a state that didn't issue your
license?
I just got an offer of $10,450 from a dealer in Oregon, but that's with the weird blue cloth seats, I'd rather have the GM-Tex for a few hundred more. When residual values are about $10k, and money factor is under 1% APR, that's about
as free as it gets.
Mitch.

Curley McLain <mailto:126die...@gmail.com>
September 5, 2016 at 11:26 AM
Why not just rent a mailbox in MD for 3 months or so?

Really? Free? Other than the 3 selected states, what's the catch? They oughta include Chit cag a in the areas. It is the turd largest city and it is run by no less than Rahmdum immanuel, a barry buddy!