      From: Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Cc: Floyd Thursby <buggeredbenzm...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 10:59 AM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] a4qfez6s74 Re: OT: Who lives in Maryland (or Oregon)?

I got to thinking about the Mexicans I would see driving on highway 59
in Texas and I-40 through Arkiesaw who would be driving a convoy of
small pickups, say 4 of them, with a half of another on each truck --
they would cut them in half behind the cab then stack the bed or the
front on the back of another complete truck, that way 4 guys could haul
6 trockas back to Mexico to sell. Sometimes they would also be towing
another one similarly loaded, 2 guys could haul 6 trockas.  Quite safe...

Mitch could buy an old pickup, load up the Sparkie, and sell the trocka
when he got back to wherever he is going.

--R

On 9/6/16 10:45 AM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
> Probably he could go an hour and a half. When we tested the Nissan Leaf the
> kid at the dealership had one and said it would reliably do around 80 miles
> on a charge. Figure if you did steady state 60mph it'd do 90-100 miles.
> Actually I take it back, the Spark is rated for 82 miles, probably 60 is a
> realistic number. So stop every hour.
> I was going to suggest hauling along a healthy sized generator but with a
> 19KWh battery pack a 5k generator is going to take a couple three hours to
> get the job done. Figure 4 hours charging for every hour of driving...
> -Curt

>>> it.. etc.. you pay sales tax in YOUR state.. not the state of the
>>> seller..
>>>
>>> Some differences exist between various states laws.. but in
>>> principle.. all
>>> the same..
>>>
>>> Check into it.. ask the dealer in the state that has the car you want..
>> But if I don't register it in one of the preferred states, I miss out
>> on $10-15k
>> of incentives on a $27k car. I don't want a $27k car, I want a $10k
>> car with a
>> $27k MSRP.
>>
>> I'm thinking about heading out to Oregon and leasing two of the
>> suckers at that
>> price. I'd have to apply for a license, then go to the dealer and pay
>> $172 for a
>> four year plate. I'd love to lease a new car for 3 years and only pay
>> $172 in
>> registration fees. Next year Michigan is going to be ADDING $100 to
>> the already
>> high annual tag fees for electric cars, and a smaller amount for
>> hybrids, in
>> order to make up for the gas taxes.
>>
>> "Yes, officer, I've been in Michigan continuously for 2 years, but the
>> car
>> belongs to the leasing company and that's why it's registered in Oregon"
>>
>> The cheapest door to door shipping quote I have is $800, I wonder if
>> they'd do
>> two for $1300? Speaking of which, if you have a handful of quotes
>> between $800
>> and $1000, do you go with the cheapest one, or do you figure that's
>> not the best
>> company to ship with?
>>
>> Mitch.

--FT