OSB does well on tests of strength WHEN IT IS NEW and VERY dry! It does very well on compression, torsion and shear tests. It is adequate on tensile tests, all when new.

After years in real use, it SUCKS! Havn't you seen sheds or garages made of OSB where it is coming apart? I sure have! yours is now 15 yrs old, and sat exposed for however long until the bank got windows put in.

Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
February 26, 2017 at 8:43 PM
From what I am reading they say OSB is better than plywood. Not sure I buy that. I have seen 7/8 listed as an os size on online. I am not sure why they used this size unless it was common when this house was built in 02. Going to have to check the local lumber yard in the morning. The depot and Lowes does not have it.