Just got back from a nice 30 or so minute drive in the country in the E300D.
Nice.

While it might be hard pressed to get out of the way in a hurry, it’s still
pretty peppy considering it’s a naturally aspirated engine.  The smaller W124
chassis really makes driving it fun, not like the living room couch ride of he
W126 (not that there’s anything wrong with that!)

Exhaust is “buzzy”, no doubt due to the flex that is in the place of the
catalyst.  I bought a Nickson band clamp at FLAPS today along with some
Permatex exhaust sealer goop.  I’m going to try it on one end of one of the
flex pieces where it meets the hard pipe and see how it works.  If it does a
good job I’ll do the same to the rest of the joints.  It only looks like one of
them is leaking.

Dash thermometer is wacky, so I’ll need to order a new thermistor for it.
Hopefully I can find the part number again from Mouser.  I love the cheap fix -
last one of these I did I probably had $5 total in the whole fix, if that.

Car handles well, gets up in the 60s without a problem, tracks straight and
true and has no noises, vibrations or rattles.

Tomorrow I turn in a dealer order for a boatload of stuff, mainly to sort out
the breather tubes on the valve cover.  That gets done on Saturday and then I’m
pretty much done with it other than a differential drain and fill and a PS
drain and fill.  I’ll be putting in new aux fans on Wednesday.

-D