Don't you have to be really careful that your fuel system is set up for higher fractions of ethanol because that stuff will eat seals and gaskets and whatnot? I see these new vehicles with "flexfuel" badges on them which I guess means they can use whatever. I'd be real careful about that stuff.

--FT

On 7/3/17 11:50 AM, Donald Snook via Mercedes wrote:
Anybody know anything about E30.  There is a gas station I drive by frequently
that has E10, E20, and E30.   The E30 was 93 Octane but was even cheaper than
87 E10.  Ethanol has higher octane and plain gas, so that explains the higher
Octane.  I know some gas stations advertise that they sell only 100%.  But, is
E20 and E30 harmful because of the higher ethanol?

Don Snook

-----Original Message-----
From: Curley McLain [mailto:126die...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2017 12:43 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fuel Mileage Premium v. Regular Experiment

I never had that problem using 89 E10 regular

Peter Frederick via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com> June 29,
2017 at 7:21 AM There is also the point that using mid-grade in my TE
burns off the spark plug electrodes, too -- no knock sensor. I always
use premium in it, just the cost of having a Benz.

--FT
Winston Churchill:
“Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or
petty,
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.
Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the
enemy.”