So help me understand the concept:

As I understand it, the clutched pulley has a one-way sprag clutch in it so
that if the belt turns backwards it can freewheel?  As the pulses that are
induced into the accessory drives from the crank pulley (as the crank slows
down and speeds up with the piston movement) occur, the pulley essentially
dampens them by letting the pulley freewheel when the crank slows down.

Is this right?

-D