fmiser via Mercedes wrote:
>  >  *Coal industries will go away.

If there is no coal, and a HUGE increase in electric demand, and
no nuclear is being build - where will the electricity come from?
Tinkerbelle, the author of this claptrap, will wave a majik wand and the 'lektrojuiceity will come from pixie dust!

>  >  Gasoline/oil companies will go away. Drilling for oil will
>  >  stop. So, say goodbye to OPEC!*

Domestic oil drilling is not OPEC anyway.  And there is a LOT of
industries that use coal and oil that is NOT the consumer car.
I really don't think train and ship can effectively be re-fitted
with plug-in electric.  Maybe the author is expecting the return
of tall ships.  A 4 masted square rigged, steel hulled vessel can
transport a lot of freight.  I'm not sure it fits well with
shipping containers, though.

Or plug-in electric tractors?  I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm
saying it's not "just around the corner" as this author suggests.
The author seems to be aware only of "cars" and "the road I drive
on to work".  The world is bigger than that.
The USA, by producing, has already trumped OPEC. If it was not for the goobermnt wanting to preserve the house of Saud, OPEC would be history.

>  >  *Homes will produce and store more electrical energy during
>  >  the day and then they use and will sell it back to the grid.

Err.  Right.  Maybe back when there was a refrigerator and a
couple light bulbs.
Not so long as the power companies exist. The last thing they want is distributed uncontrolled production. They have fought, and will continue to fight, "sell it back to the grid" Just ask Manfred how easy it is to "sell it back to the grid." "The man" wants to dictate the price of power so that the serfs are at a level of pain. (to use the -ist terminology)