> On November 27, 2018 at 12:56 PM Curt Raymond via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> I think we can call the battery concerns of the old days overblown, the
> batteries are all third party and have proven themselves, the Prius after all
> has been out for a long time at this point.

The lithium battery Prius was introduced in 2015 IIRC. They were NiMH from
1999-2014, proven tech but not as energy dense as lithium.

The Leaf has been around since the 2011 model year, but Nissan was forced to
give out a lot of free batteries when the early ones didn't last as long as
promised.
The current batteries, if used with decent temperature management (for example,
if they're not in a Leaf), should be good for 7-10 years, at which point the
car will probably be worth less than a replacement battery.

Mitch.