Levi Smith wrote:
This guy doesn't have any sort of injector heaters or anything?

If so, that's great. Most anyone I've heard of in other countries are at least using some sort of heat at or near the injector pump.

The Mercedes are about the best there are from what I've heard, but that cold oil on cold engines tends to build up from everything I've heard. I forget which list it was on, but someone had "official" test results from a while ago that pretty much showed that vegoil killed every engine they ran it in, just in varying lengths of time depending on the engine. However, they weren't heating it at all.

I haven't heard of ATF coking you up though. I've heard that actually CLEANS things out, not vice-versa...

You need to do a little more research!

Mercedes has issued a TSB forbidding the use of ATF as a fuel additive. They tested it extensively and forbade it's use because it causes injector coking! Used briefly, it may do some other good (it increases combustion temperature and is an excellent fuel system solvent) and then normal operation on untreated fuel will usually disperse the minor coking one application is likely to cause.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)