To: "'Mercedes Discussion List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 10:44 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] veggie emergency fuel

Johnny - I appreciate that information. I ran too low once while in a hurry
to make a dental appointment.  I parked my sputtering car in front of a
grocery and almost went the veggie oil route, but there was a diesel station
just one block away so I got fuel there.  I might keep a gal of veggie oil
in the trunk just in case.  My low fuel light, which comes on with initial
key turn, has never come on - even at 500+ miles on a tank.  I am guessing
it could be a gunk in the tank problem as EM sat neglected - even with the
weather stripping out - for about 9 months prior to my son rescuing it.
BillR
Jacksonville FL
1981 300SD  'EM'  273k miles