> Jim’s paranoia about defining who can live in the house is simply misguided
> and wrong.

Not paranoid.  Just sparking a philosophical discussion.
What if I can provide statistics that prove that black families'
neighborhoods are worth less than whites'?  Should I not be able to
protect my housing investment?  "There goes the neighborhood!"

I'm a firm believer in the law of unintended consequences, in light
of which _all_ restrictions should be thoroughly chewed over, with
plenty of devil's advocacy.  It really, IMHO, comes down to what kind
of people do we want to be?  Free?  Brave?  Tolerant?  Or... otherwise.

But the locality that says you can't have a flagpole,
or an RV _and_ a boat, really galls me.  Especially since
it's rural acreage!

-- Jim