There are several (non-turbo) 944s for sale in the area that are in the $5k
range. Not garage queens, but well maintained and in good general condition for
their age. We’ll probably go and look at a couple of them in the next week or
two. There’s a later series two model that some puffy shirt buy here/pay here
place has that’s a basket case. Story is that it was a charity donation car and
when it showed up the head and all the related parts were in a box in the
trunk. It’s actually quite nice looking and relatively low miles. Everything
appears to be there from the pictures I’ve seen of it. However, they want
stupid money ($4k) for it. Nice driver quality examples can be had for a few
thousand more, so I’m not sure how they’re attempting to justify the price.

We’ll see.

-D