No problem with western Canadian cars. Avoid cars from southern Ontario. They
have warmer, slushier winters and use a lot of salt. It gets cold enough out
here on the prairies that salt is not effective Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A
-------- Original message --------From: Mitch Haley via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> Date: 2020-07-01  11:03  (GMT-06:00) To: Mercedes
Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com> Cc: mi...@mitchellhaley.com Subject:
Re: [MBZ] Oldest Son's New Car was W211 Nanny Mania On Wed, July 1, 2020 11:55
am, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:> The platform and drivetrain is proven and
has been in service for some> time, so I’m comfortable with the choice.Which
platform, 2008 Escape or 2009+ Escape?My neighbors just gave away their 2008
LTD (leather) for rust issues, themain problem being the upper shock mounts
rotted away (there's a patchpanel for that as it turns out, but they didn't
want to pay for the bodywork). It's a first generation Escape.2009 are second
gen.Moral to the story: don't pay a premium for an older Escape with only
60kmiles, when those 60k miles happened inside the city of Toronto. As amatter
of fact, it's not a bad idea to avoid Canadian cars
altogether._______________________________________http://www.okiebenz.comTo
delivery options go
to:http://mail.okiebenz.com/mailman/listinfo/mercedes_okiebenz.com