On Wed, July 1, 2020 11:55 am, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
> The platform and drivetrain is proven and has been in service for some
> time, so I’m comfortable with the choice.

Which platform, 2008 Escape or 2009+ Escape?
My neighbors just gave away their 2008 LTD (leather) for rust issues, the
main problem being the upper shock mounts rotted away (there's a patch
panel for that as it turns out, but they didn't want to pay for the body
work). It's a first generation Escape.
2009 are second gen.

Moral to the story: don't pay a premium for an older Escape with only 60k
miles, when those 60k miles happened inside the city of Toronto. As a
matter of fact, it's not a bad idea to avoid Canadian cars altogether.