I run 195/70R14 Michelin Defenders on all my W123s, and all my other 14"
cars for that matter.  The original size is 175R14 on a 240D, which is much
taller than 175/70R14.  195 70 14 is quite close and fits well.  Plus,
they're actually good tires.  Not so many good choices in that size anymore.

Jaime

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 9:06 AM Don Snook via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I was just thinking about my upcoming trip from Okie Acres to Memphis in
> the 240D. I’m not sure about condition of tires so I imagine I will replace
> the tires later if needed. I was checking and the original size is
> 175/70/14.  Apparently that size doesn’t exist anymore and most people are
> using 185-70-14 which is pretty close to the original.
>
> Anybody have recommendations for tires in this size that you all have used
> on a 123?
>
> As far as the OT Truck question, I have a 2019 Chevy Silverado that I
> bought back in May. It has 10,000 miles now. I have noticed that if it is
> raining (or even just slightly wet), the tires will spin when trying to
> take off from a stop.  I wondered if this was just because it was a truck
> with no weight in the bed. BUT, I was just reading reviews of these tires
> (Goodyear Fortitude HT) and LOTS of people complain about wet traction.
>
> Anybody have a full size truck/SUV and really like the tires they have? Or
> have experience with others to avoid?  The truck is 2WD and weather in
> Memphis is pretty mild (except in the summer!).
>
> Donald H. Snook
> FedEx Freight
> Sent from my iPhone

Jaime Kopchinski