To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] GP Install - 91 300D 2.5

Just taking off the cross-over pipe does not give you
much room to work with on this car. It's much easier
with the intake manifold off, especially on OM602.962
where the glow plug insertion is in a inclined
position. So you will also need the gasket at where
the intake manifold connects to the head.

There will be two or three allen bolts that will be a
little hard to get to. You will need some wobble head
extensions. Removing/re-installing these bolts to me
is the biggest part of the job. Otherwise a
straightfoward job.

A few tips if I may:

1. Clean the work area really good before you start
2. stuff the 5 holes on the head and the turbo
discharge pipe with clean rugs/paper towel once the
intake manifold is off, in case something accidentally
drop in there
3. Get a glow plug reamer. Ream the glow plug holes
before you put new plugs in.
4. Like others said, replace all injection line clips
where you are there.
5. Check the auxillary water pump located on the fire
wall right behind #5 cylinder. Sometimes it is hard to
see from the top with the intake manifold on.

Tan

--- OK Don <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You'll need the gasket where the cross-over pipe
connects to the
manifold. when it's off is a good time to replace
all the plastic and
rubber clips that keep the injector lines from
vibrating and cracking.

On 5/31/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ned wrote:<<really not that bad if you remove the
intake manifold>>>

> Thanks Ned,
> I guess that's the part I was dreading - and
getting the auxilliary stuff
> that mounts to the intake manifold looks like a
bear - all those metal and
> rubber lines along with accel linkage.
>
> What gaskets should I have on hand to replace if
needed?  I assume the
> intake manifold gaskets needs to be re-newed at
the time?    Anything else I

http://members.rennlist.com/webercarbs
> http://members.rennlist.com/my_911/Index.htm For
my Paint Job Info

feel like punishing
> > myself.
> > ;-\>>
> >
> > Larry:
> > It's really not that bad if you remove the
intake manifold.

> > Ned Kleinhenz
> > '95 E300D x2
> > '85 300D
> > '80 300TD

OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK
"The Americans will always do the right thing...
after they've
exhausted all the alternatives."
Sir Winston Churchill
'90 300D, '87 300SDL, '81 240D, '78 450SLC, '97 Ply
Grand Voyager