To: "Mercedes Diesel List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:50 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] GP Install - 91 300D 2.5

Larry:
I agree with everything the others posted about what to have ready.
I've done it with as little as a new manifold gasket. But I don't recommend
going that economically.

But I might add that a torque wrence is useful for getting the mainfold back
on tight enough without
stripping the aluminum head.  My 606 engine uses torx (sp?) type bolts to
fasten the manifold - so be ready in case that is what your engine has.  I
bought what seems to be a good enough 1/4" torque wrench from Harbor Freight
for ~$10 IIRC.

Ned Kleinhenz