What are they warrantied for?

As I understand it, they don't "expire" they start losing capacity (which
reduces range) and eventually they will no longer provide a useful range to the
owner of the vehicle.

It also depends how they are used. If they are run to near-flat and then fully
recharged, that's harder on the battery life than running them down to say 40%
and charging back up to say 80% charge (assuming that meets your range
requirements).