5 years? These are lithium batteries, service life should be 8 at least, more
with a little care.
Cost per mile on EVs is very competitive with gas cars on fuel alone. Some
months ago I did the math and a Tesla was something like half my diesel Jetta
and that was me using pretty pessimistic numbers for the Tesla. Once you add in
the lack of maintenance on an EV it looks better still. I haven't worked it far
enough to see if it'll cover battery replacement though.
Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 3:15 PM, G Mann via Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:   If you do a hard cost analysis of purchase cost of the EV auto, then
add in
the hard cost of owning a solar power collection system to feed the EV with
energy, then do an actual hard cost per mile used, it raises some real
questions about just how economical the EV actually is to own and support,
doesn't it?
Somewhere along the way, you would need to factor in the expected service
life of the EV, the solar system, storage batteries, and other equipment
required, like the expected $20,000 + to replace the EV's battery packs in
5 years.

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 12:02 PM Allan Streib via Mercedes <