Exactly my use for the old AV cart I bought at the university surplus store.

It's just a rectangular three-shelf steel cart on good quality rubber-wheel
casters with a rubber mat on the top shelf.

Easy to wheel around the car as I'm working on it, and easy to wheel back to
the tool storage area when I'm done.