Think of it this way:

Two service calls, mileage and travel time, and parts ($2500 plus incidentals.)

Figure a $4000 bill when it’s all said and done.

When you approach the 50% point is when we would look at replacement cost. We
offered a new unit at a discount (Generac tossed in some $$$ as this was their
problem, not ours) which made a new unit more attractive than repairing the
original unit.

The customer made the choice. There may have been lead time issues with the
part as well, I don’t recall.

-D