On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 12:04:50 -0500 "Allan Streib" <astr...@fastmail.fm>
wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 26, 2023, at 11:36, Craig via Mercedes wrote:
>
> > The voltage rating would be sufficient for working on 440 VAC utility
> > equipment, but I would still rather the equipment be de-energized
> > before I would work on it ...
>
> Yep, and rubber gloves and boots. And not if it's carrying a load.

There is a procedure for working on energized 440 VAC utility equipment.
That requires a full-body-spaceman-like suit which can handle any
potential arc flash.

When I worked at LANL, our electrical safety classes included watching an
unprotected fellow working on energized 440 VAC equipment and dropping a
metallic tool, resulting in an arc flash. It was not pretty. Thankfully,
they did not show us the aftermath.

Craig