Thanks for sharing that, Craig. I am sorry to hear that your wife has
seizures. I have recently just read about seizure dogs. IT IS AMAZING.  I could
not believe what I was reading! For those who don't know,  seizure alert dogs
can tell when a person is about to have a seizure  BEFORE the person knows they
are going to have one. The dog alerts the  person and is also trained to
protect them during the seizure (laying  between them and objects, etc). Craig,
correct me if I'm wrong. That is  my understanding. The book I read said that
doctors are not sure how  seizure dogs work but they think the dogs can smell
changes in brain  chemistry that precede a seizure!

  THe newest thing is melanoma detection dogs. Absolutely amazing. There  are
also termite sniffing dogs and a bunch of other working dog stuff  that German
Shepherds excel at.  The German Shepherd (a  fascinating story in itself as to
how the breed came about...and  contemporaneous with the early years of Daimler
MG and Benz et Cie.) is  an amazing all around dog. Many breeds to certain
things better, but  all around, i don't think any dog beats them.

  I'm glad you are happy with your dog. Mine is sleeping next to my chair
right now. I am NOT an "animal lover freak", but there is something  truly
extraordinary about the bond that develops between a man and his  faithful dog.

  All the best,

  Chris

  P.S. Yes, Anke will be big. And she is not at all fat - just big! Her  feet
are still huge, so she's got a ways to go yet! Gentle as a lamb  with our one
year old...really neat to watch them interact.

Craig McCluskey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 06:06:14 -0800
(PST) Christopher McCann
 wrote:

>   OT: My new German Shepherd is about 22 weeks old and 55 pounds. Pretty
>    good size for a female. She LOVES to ride in the Benzes. Curls up on
>    the floor in front of the passenger seat. She "goes" well with the
>    car.  Really great dog.

She sounds like she's going to be on the large side!

We've had German Shepherds for 34 years -- as long as we've had Mercedes.

A picture of our litter girl -- 15 months old, 65 pounds, and being
trained as a seizure alert dog for my wife -- as we were waiting for the
Tram to take us to the top of Sandia Peak in Albuquerque is attached. We
had dinner at the restaurant at the top and she laid underneath the table
on my parka, well behaved.

Craig

Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get
things done faster.