It's paradoxical how dogs are given such responsibility (for example, their
scent identification of a crime suspect being admissible in court, or their
role in locating disaster victims) yet in other areas of society it's "no
pets allowed!"

Very interesting, brian! There are many times I would have preferred a dog's behavior to a human, and cleanliness is much the same. Regarding the discussion of Dobermans and GSD's having class, my black Lab guide dog Joel would like to interject that Labs are classy too!

Kevin in Hillsboro Oregon
1983 300SD 284K miles, Ursula, pets allowed, of course!