Nope only 130k but I am not the first or second owner...

Trampas

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Tom Hargrave
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 10:04 AM
To: 'Mercedes Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Vergasser vs. Diesel, was 87 TD for sale

Is this a high mileage engine?

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave
www.kegkits.com
256-656-1924

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Trampas
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 9:01 AM
To: 'Mercedes Discussion List'

I have looked for intake leaks, I have also replaced injectors, adjusted
mixture, new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, etc. Tried known good idle air
control valve and computer. I did find a bad throttle switch and replaced
that.

Things which I have yet to do include:
Check valve adjustments.
Change timing chain (130k miles).
Check cam for wore lob.

I think I am going to have to pull the engine on the car. It has too many
oil leaks. Apparently the upper oil pan gasket was leaking, so at some point
in the past someone put epoxy on it trying to seal it.

Also the oil pressure on the car when warm hangs around 1 bar and bounces a
bit. I was thinking this might lower pressure on the lifters and cause some
idle problems as well as some of the slight ticking from valve train. Thus I
might need to check clearances and oil pump.

Trampas