From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Sent: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Mercedes Quality vs Toyota

Similar differences in quality were/are noted in Mexican vs. German
assembled Volkswagens, and also to the US assembled ones (Rabbits I
think) when they had a plant in Westmoreland PA.  For example I have
been told "if you are going to buy a Golf, get the GTI they are still
made in Germany" (I don't know if that's still true, btw).  You would
*think* the same parts, assembly processes, training, and standards
would be used in all locations, yet somehow there are differences in
the results.

--
1983 300D
1966 230