Tell me about it.  I worked in IT as a tech.  They hired this lady as a
tech.  She literally was not good at her job and didn't know how to do most
of it.  She was promoted to manager.  The absolute best story I heard told
was from a friend who was apparently telling her about their new central
vacuum they had installed at their house.  The first question this manager
had?  "What do you do when the walls get full?"
Priceless.

Levi
This thought process was made ever more present to me when during heavy
layoffs they laid off approximately 1/3 of the IT technicians(you know the
ones that did the work and were paid the least) and kept every single
manager there.