John Robbins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> When I bought my house I replaced all of them with CF...  so I don't
> have a $$ savings comparison, but I think I've only had one or two
> go out.  Its been 2 years so far.

What brand do you buy?  I have a few (flood-light style) that have
lasted for a while but typically they don't make it even a year for
me.  Last batch I tried before I gave up on them was a six-pack of GE
branded bulbs bought at Sams.

Another I don't really like is they take a few minutes to reach full
brightness -- turning on my kitchen lights, which are still mostly CF
floods in recessed ceiling "cans" I get a very low illumination
initially.  Definitely NOT ideal for areas where you need lights for
only a few minutes at a time, such as a bathroom.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230