They damn well better NOT contain mercury.  :((

My sense is they do last longer, at least the ones from Home Depot.  I don't
know yet about the cheapies from Ikea that we just purchased @3 for $3.99).

Curt - you are hardly a moderate.  You are a green zealot, in the best sense
of both words.  :)

On 2/7/07, Allan Streib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Curt Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I replace incadescent lightbulbs with cf.

What's your experience with this?  I started doing this, and found
that they don't last any longer than incandescent, and are much more
expensive, so I stopped.  With the lifespans I've experienced, I doubt
that the savings in electricity is going to offset the premium I paid
for the bulb (though I haven't actually done the math).

Plus don't they contain mercury?  What do you do with them when they
burn out.

--
1983 300D
1966 230