From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 6:40 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT - Global Warming rebuttal

I find it interesting that allot of US citizens (who by the way make up 5%
of the worlds population but consume 26% of its energy) refuse to believe
what we are doing cannot harm the 20 mile deep ocean of air we have
surrounding us.  Even in the face of facts and greatest scientific minds
refuse to agree.  I guess the other countries who are on board with this are

not as smart as them.  All you have to do is look at the amount of NOx, SOx,

CO and CO2 we emit which is in the millions of tons per year do the computer

modeling and ask yourself how can it not affect our ocean of air.

What amazes me is none of our leaders or so called leaders every (or I have
not heard it shouted out) have asked joe American public to turn off
unneeded lights,  drive 65 instead of 80 on the highways, make one less trip

to Wal-Mart a month, mandate 30mpg new cars,  have these places with all the

parking lots light up like fort Knox go to night vision systems for
surveillance ect ect ect.  I bet with a little effort we could reduce our
consumption by 15 to 20% (and some pollution) if we would be lead as a group

with some good incentives and direction to suck it up a little.  We can do
this immediately with little effort or capital outlay.   My 2 cents.

Good reading is Mid Course Correction by J. Anderson

Tom Scordato
1979 240D only 28mpg and  contributing to the global night mare