From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Curt Raymond
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 7:35 AM
To: Diesel List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] surprising experience at autozone

Having spent about half my career in Customer Service under the guise of
technical support I can tell you honestly its worse when you've been in the
business.
The only tip I can give you is to start every call (as a customer) all
peaches and cream and keep the sharpened steel under wraps until you need
it. Then when the steel is needed bring it out slowly, just a peek at first.
All support people I know work under the "I give what I get" theory. That is
I'm nice and competant until the customer isn't polite to me, then I
suddenly lose all will to live and courtesy flies out the window.

Anyway on the subject of Autozone I can tell you its a crapshoot. The one
near me has one guy for a manager that is such a turkey that I won't talk to
him. Theres a woman that works there thats totally hotshot, very willing to
help, won't try to snow you.

Now the Advance Auto in town is new so you think they'd try to put their
best face forward. Not at all. Lazy incompetant help all over.
Theres a NAPA near work where if you can get past the gruffness of the old
guys working there is outstanding. Of course everything there is a premium
price but its the RIGHT PART and it won't fail next week...

-Curt