Tom Hargrave wrote:

> I actually have a long history with Domino's pizza and I remember the Bakers
> Pride ovens. And yes, they make a superior pizza. Bakers Pride ovens have a
> slate floor & the even heat from the slate adds a nutty flavor to the crust.

But if some moron shut the oven off when he went home for the night, you could
find it stone cold at 4pm, fire it up immediately, and you would not be making
pizza until after 8pm. I hated the Hobart conveyors when I first saw them 20
years ago, but they don't waste gas all night. With the "pan" pizza, there
isn't much difference in taste between the firebrick and the conveyor.

When the Domino's nearest to me opened up in 1986, it had a shiny new Hobart
conveyor. When it was sold to a franchise operator in 1988, it had an old
Baker's Pride in it. Now it's closed. Too much competition. In 1986, it
was just Ceasar's, Domino's, and a couple of restaraunts that didn't
deliver. Now one of the restaraunts delivers, plus we've got Mancino's,
Hungry Howie's, Pizza Hut(the real killer of Domino's) and Papa John's.

Mitch.