I think it is getting too cold for the electrons to flow and your
need to create a siphon so that there is better flow.  Get a large
wire, maybe 0 gauge and hang it down further.

The old cars like Gump just have the yank on it to glow knob.
Requires some subjective calculations to determine the effective
amount of pre-glow needed.  At times it will go through three pre-
glow cycles before feeling that enough electrons have gathered to
create critical mass.  Combustion follows.

clay