I've been hangin' around in here for so many years that most folks
*know*that I have a '77 240D.

As for troubleshooting the problem, I've spent scores of hours and lots of
bandwidth in past years trying to figure out what's happening. I am now in
"winter survival" mode, since I love close enough to my office to work to
work if necessary but don't really want to do so.

Also, the fact that the problem is intermittent and only happens when it is
so cold that troubleshooting isn't an appealing prospect helps to complicate
things. Whatever is happening is definitely temperature related and it only
happens in "ugly" temps.

:-)

--
LT Don
http://don.homelinux.net/~don/

Make a small loan, Make a big difference - Kiva.org