-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Timothy Robinson
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 5:31 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Another Generator Question

If the feeder to the panel is four wire and the neutral and ground separate,
that panel in the outbuilding is considered a "sub-panel." There should be
no ground rod.

If the feeder to the outbuilding is a three wire, legs A & B (on a 240V two
phase) and a neutral, the panel in the outbuilding is considered a
"sub-service" and there should be a driven ground.