i try to explain that to my kid all the time, how she really must be
cautious because she has less rights than her dogs in the country and can be
victimized by the state at their amusement.  she doesn't believe me, as 10
year olds can't really grasp that the authorities have embraced evil and
make uncontested war on the people.