I am not at all sure home schooling is good for most kids.  The BiL
who lives in the boonies of NC is going to school his kids.  Their
oldest is seven and has the diction of a three year old.  Not sure he
has a grasp of basic second grade math or reading either.  Then
again, I am comparing his slag child to my kid and it seems that
either my kid is sporting an IQ of 220 or his kid is just plain
retarded.

clay