OY! SEARS!  "Slowly I turn"

One of my first "young" experiences was with the local Sears. It seemed a
reasonable place to get a new "DieHard" battery or radial tires. I'd heard
stories, however. Just out of curiousity I put a piece of scotch tape on the
hood so I could tell if it had been opened. I never could figure why they
would need in the engine compartment just to rotate tires.

When I was young there were times I couldn't have afforded a repair except
to charge it on the Sears card. Sometimes there wasn't a choice. I'm sure I
witnessed a lot of alternators and water pumps sold to a lot of unsuspecting
customers.