Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:30:52 -0600
From: "Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] OT, computers again

Been looking into the computer upgrade thing. As I posted before, I
always custom ordered what I wanted as far as processor, memory etc
 then
just transfer my other hardware over.  Im getting a big headache trying

to figure out what processor is what, what memory is what etc.  Ran
 thru
a few options and it seems its as expensive if not more than what is on

sale at best buy or whatever.  So would it seem I am better off just
buying whatever is on sale that fits my needs?  Any certain brands to
look for?  Do they sell them at the store that do not have a bunch of
crap preloaded on there?  I hate buying those computers that already
have half their space used up by preloaded crap I will never use.
Another aspect I like of not buying the store computers is the fact
 that
  the cases etc are not always standard.  With the custom ordered
barebones deals, you can swap whatever you want at any point.  Power
supplies are standard, drive bays, etc.  Stuff like that.  Anyway,
enough rambling, thoughts?  Most of these store bought systems come
 with
Vista now.  Is that a good thing or should I just look on ebay and buy
something there that may or may not have an OS installed?
--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  94 E420, 92 300SD, 92 300D, 92 250D Turbo, 92 300E 4Matic,