On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:31:54 -0700 (PDT) Curt Raymond
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So if I cut the shaft from the lock to the locking mechanism do I have a
> hope of being able to get a new one or repair this one? Meaning if I cut
> it will I really have screwed myself?

Not having time to look at the innards of our car's doors, I think you
would be wise to not cut it.

> My wife can't be driving a car that has doors she can't lock...

That's for sure.

But you're not clear what the problem is: Is it the parts inside the door
handle, or the parts inside the door that the parts inside the door handle
turn?

Craig