Thomas Tanner wrote:

>  I think that'd be a very bad idea.
>  Let's try to avoid monolithic designs and select drivers via configure
>  options or, even better, make Mesa modular (a nice alliteration :) !
>  I could add portable dlopen support to Mesa, if you like.

Yes, I think this is the way to go: Mesa should try to dlopen() the glide
lib and use a 3dfx card if there is one present. (Same with other cards
later...). Only thing to watch out for are x-platform issues - although
other architectures aren'r supported by 3dfx so far. But, hey - we shouldn't
forget those windows guys.

--
|/
|\ai

Kai Schütz
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hi, I'm not a signature virus. Why don't you just copy me into your
signature?