On Wed, 17 May 2000, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> On 5/17/00 5:42 AM, Kevin Miller at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >> 1. Why does the MC graphics importer use full paths, since we know in
> >> advance those will not work in a shipping app except in the unlikely
> >> occurrence that the drive letter, volume name, and all elements of the path
> >> are exactly the same?  Have I missed something here?
> >>
> >> 2. Wen using a relative path, it seems dependend on the current directory,
> >> rather than the location of the stackfile the media is referenced in.  Or is
> >> the path always fixed relative to the MC app/standalone?
> >
> > You need to set the directory property of the stack to on preOpenStack to
> > match its fileName.
>
> How do we ensure that the directory isn't changed by some other routine
> between cards?  For example, suppose we set the directory appropriately, and
> while going from card to card we run some utility from some other vendor
> which sets the directory property -- will future cards that open no have the
> graphics shown?

Correct.  Any "other vendor" better be sure to set the directory back
if they change it.

The stackFiles change was made because Cross Worlds development
environment couldn't be dependent on the directory setting to find
substacks.  But as pointed out in my previous message, the fileName
property for images and players is really a different kettle of fish
(or can of worms, depending on your perspective ;-)
  Regards,
    Scott