Hello Steve, Geoff et al,
Anyone that has been in the meteorite business, whether a buyer or seller, knows that a price correction almost always follows the initial offering of a new meteorite. A few days after the Park Forest fall when someone was complaining about what they perceived as inflated prices, several list members, including myself predicted there would be a reduction in price within a month or so. My prediction was really just preaching to a well informed choir - after all, everyone SHOULD know about price changes on a new meteorite. Any dealer (or non-rookie collector) that doesn't have a good grip on this concept is going to have a rocky ride through life.

Remember the Christmas season a few years back that some folks just "had to have" the "Tickle me Elmo" doll? They were selling for upwards of $500.00. Six months later they were back at the original retail price of about $30.00.

Thank goodness that the majority of people in this business are easy to deal with and are people of integrity. You don't have to be a rocket scientist (or a meteorite scientist) to understand this very elementary business rule.

Anyone want my $8.00 per gram Brahin?

Best,

John