-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


- --snip--


| This is the downside to Linux. Gotta lock it up solid or keep on top of all the updates. The only way to really run a firewall perfectly securely is to halt the system after it boots. It'll keep passing traffic and following the firewall rules, but there won't be enough of an active system to really hack.
| Pkcp



I think we have a subject of a future lecture here. Look at the two URL's below. There is A LOT of security patches rolled into these two distros that stand the typical unix root structure on it's ear. My guess is that within a year or so most vendors will have a version that runs a secure and locked down implimentation of either SElinux or RSBAC.


Anyone use either of these? I have one person at work who just build the hardened gentoo one and I'm about to do the debian......


http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/ http://www.trusteddebian.org/

http://www.linuxjournal.com/ has two very good articals on SElinux as well.


acqant -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.2.2 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQE/FZaPeDVHAE9jNDwRAkpBAKCwskittVx5NMH9U45KB8FltCJz2ACgrrVa
09ibWxP6qMSBJfQbvJdyxOc=
=D6s8
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


_______________________________________________ mhvlug mailing list - http://mhvlug.org [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to