On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 07:37:03PM -0400, Wayne wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Jim Doherty" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > And for the long winded 500  page tomb on the subject I would recommend
> >  Red Hat Linux Firewalls
> > Publisher   redhat press,  written by Bill McCarthy    list $50.00
> > according to my copy,  $40.00 list
> > according to bookpool,   their disconted price  $24.50.   If you want to
> > take a look at it let me know
> > and I could bring it to the next meeting.
> >
> > Jim Doherty
> >
> 
> Has anyone read "Linux Security Cookbook" published by O'Reilly? I've had
> good luck with their books in the past ("Running Linux" and "Using Samba")
> I'm wondering if this is another winner?

I just requested a review copy of this book for our LUG, as there seems like
there is some interest.  Anyone who wants to write the review of it, please
respond on list.  O'Reilly has been pretty snappy in the past, so I expect
that we should have it by the August meeting if all goes well. :)

        -Sean

-- 
__________________________________________________________________

Sean Dague                                       Mid-Hudson Valley
sean at dague dot net                            Linux Users Group
http://dague.net                                 http://mhvlug.org

There is no silver bullet.  Plus, werewolves make better neighbors
than zombies, and they tend to keep the vampire population down.
__________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list - http://mhvlug.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to