If your wallet dosn't like O'Reilly, check out Sams Publishing. These guys made my bible (at least when it comes to tech), "TCP/IP Blueprints". Yes, I will admit to having chosen TCP/IP Blueprints while in bed at night over the latest Tom Clancy.
The only thing I've watched out about with tech books (this is true of all publishers) is when buying a book thats too full of reference material. If I wanted to know specifics of mysql's count() function, its much faster to flip thru mysql.com/Docs/ than it is to flip thru a book. A book, however, can give you a nice broad view of an area, explain a whole system in comprehensible terms, let you in on a few tricks, and tell you when reality strays from the RFCs.
-porkchop
Has anyone read "Linux Security Cookbook" published by O'Reilly? I've had
good luck with their books in the past ("Running Linux" and "Using Samba")
I'm wondering if this is another winner?
WayneC
_______________________________________________ mhvlug mailing list - http://mhvlug.org [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug
