Hi Bjarne,

You will need to port Mifos X for other databases – Oracle or any other
database – other than MySQL. I am not expecting Mifos to run without any
changes on Oracle, however, I do not expect the changes to be high either. One
of the technical guys can correct me if I am way off mark on this.

Card handling is not there in Mifos X.

Savings functionality is present in Mifos. Interest schemes, with periodic
interest posting, withdrawals, deposits, with fees and the related accounting
aspects have all been implemented in Mifos X. Is there any specific feature
that you are looking for beyond these?

Yes, accounting is separate from loans and savings. Products definitions
include a section whereby various ledger accounts are associated to product
transactions (like disbursements, repaymen rts, withdrawals, deposits, fees
etc.)

Hi Satriadi,

You are right if you are referring to Mifo 2.x. It tightly incorporates the
Grameen microfinance methodology. However, Mifos X can work well for a
financial institution which does not follow group lending methodologies. The
goal of Mifos X is to support financial institutions that may or may not follow
group lending methodologies. BTW, Mifos X has been rebuilt from ground up so
that ground lending/savings and general financial functions are cleanly
separated out.

Thanks and Regards
Binny Gopinath Sreevas

+91-98861 39498