On 03/11/2012 08:20 PM, Marc Espie wrote:
On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 07:42:43PM +0000, Kaya Saman wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to compile the latest NTOP version 4.1.0 on OpenBSD
RELEASE 5.0 x64 but am running into issues regarding automake and
autoconfig.

Basically I installed:

automake-1.11.1p2

autoconf-2.67

The install script comes up saying this:

# ./autogen.sh

Starting ntop automatic configuration system v.0.2.3

   Please be patient, there is a lot to do...

1. Testing gnu tools....

You must have automake installed to compile ntop.
Download the appropriate package for your distribution, or get the
source tarball from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/automake
      We recommend version 1.6.3 or higher

You must have autoconf installed to compile autogen.sh.
Download the appropriate package for your distribution, or get the
source tarball from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/autoconf
      We recommend version 2.53 or higher
See how the metaauto port works. autoconf and automake are actually scripts
that depend on AUTOCONF_VERSION and AUTOMAKE_VERSION to select the right
ones.
Well.... in mean time I found this:

http://openports.se/devel/metaauto

although I don't think it's installed as **find** didn't come up with anything.

Does this mean that without the metaauto port that the **system** or **any** install script will not know how to handle a basic compile?

Am really confused now as I don't understand anything of what's going on!

This might be an easier to answer question then:

how do I tell the system to use one particular version of autoconf and automake...???

Which files do I need to edit to do that?

Am so sorry for being slow but am just so used to running:

cd /usr/ports/*/portname
make install clean

and everything being done in the background for me!

Regards,

Kaya