On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 02:47:47PM -0800, patrick keshishian wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Brad Smith <b...@comstyle.com> wrote:

> >> The Pidgin port doesn't have VV support and last time I looked at this
> >> it didn't seem to work too well or at all and seemed to be issues with
> >> GStreamer and/or other components Pidgin relies upon for Jingle support.

> >> HTML5 entails a variety of different standards and support for those
> >> standards in each respective browser. FF and Chromium on OpenBSD still
> >> do not have WebRTC support. You're making an assumption which is wrong.
> >
> > Another thing I forgot to mention. WebRTC is not a part of HTML5 yet. It
> > is a work in progress spec and implementations that could potentially be
> > a part of HTML5.
>
> and so the web-browser becomes the OS.

I'd rather have WebRTC and what is possible via standardized mecnanisms
over Skype, plugins for GTalk, and various other services based on closed
apps limited to certain major OS's. It'll be a lot easier to have an HTML5
compliant browser with support for WebRTC all over the place then it will
be to get some of these services using proprietary protocols, plugins, and
host apps to be ported all over the place. A lot of the focus of HTML5 is
to design standardized means of doing what all too often required external
plugins and all too often are limited to Windows and maybe OS X at best.

believed to be clean.